Guaranteed Next Day Delivery!
The skip bins available from Skip Bin Finder come in different sizes and colors, which makes it easier for you to choose Skip Bin Finder. In this , we will go through items you should never put in the skip bin as they may cause it to overflow or break down before its time. Skip bins from us are a great solution to manage your construction or home waste. They make your work a lot easier no matter what the task.
Items That are Never Allowed To Go In Skip Bins:
- Skip bins companies do not accept any material that is wet or contains liquid.
- Food items like meat, fish and vegetables are not acceptable. Foods if they have a high chance of spilling over the skip bin’s edge during transport.
- We do not recommend placing any liquids on top of your waste material as these may spill out into other trash while being transported to the landfill site which can cause contamination among different types of wastes with unknown effects on our environment. They recommend keeping some space at the bottom (around 25%) for adding more material such as scrap paper so it doesn’t become too heavy and cause damage to the skip bin.
- They do not recommend placing any recyclable materials in a skip bin as it might contaminate other waste like paper or plastics. We recommend that instead, you place all your recyclables into their respective recycling bags which can be left at the curb on collection day. So they are picked up by our team without being mixed with other trash. If there is no room for these items inside of your house then go ahead and put them out next to your garbage bag mixed with regular household waste (not in an outside container).
- They don’t accept liquids from old tubs, furniture and broken TVs. We do not recommend putting anything that’s been sprayed with a strong chemical such as a pesticide because it will contaminate other items in the skip bin and make them unsafe for people to use, or they may be catch on fire when disposed of at an incinerator .
- Any liquid, such as a container of wet paint or plaster is fully banned. They don’t accept any liquids in the skip bin, including solvents and chemicals. Skip Hire Bolton providing a reliable solution for disposing of waste products safely and efficiently.
- Any skip bin content that is deemed to be just “too big”.
- Liquid waste is hazardous material & garbage from food preparation
If you live in Melbourne and you need to dispose of chemical waste, here are a few guides that will help you.
Please note: Skip Bin Finder cannot accept hazardous materials, such as paints and chemicals. For safe disposal of these items we recommend you contact your local council or waste management company.